Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Jan-nice, Jan-nice Dick-in-son, Queen of the Plastic Frontier

A 13-year-old Australian model stirs controversy:



For the first half of this I was thinking "what's the big deal?" Modeling is a pretty wretched, exploitative, and destructive industry, so I don't really think it matters how young the models are. It's not like high school does that much more to prepare you for being over-worked, hyper-sexualized, dehumanized, and eventually discarded without so much as a "thank you" than Junior High. At least in Junior High all the students are at the peak of their social awkwardness and psychological cruelty, so why not take that energy and put it in some fancy dresses?

For the second half of this, though, I was thinking "that is the smartest animatronic robot I have seen since the Country Bear Jamboree performed 'The Ballad of Davy Crockett' at Walt Disney World."

No comments: